The market for cloud telephony systems grew over 6.3% in 2020 in response to the pressures of the pandemic. Now in 2021, all businesses are rapidly adopting cloud, digital, mobile, big data, virtual phone numbers and artificial intelligence technologies. A virtual telephone number is a telephone number that is not connected to any physical network still skilled in handling unlimited concurrent calls. The calls that come on a virtual number can be tracked and supervised for performance. You no longer need a physical telephone line in your office for communicating with customers. The way to use a virtual number is the same you would the regular number to make and receive calls.
HOW DOES THE WORKING OF A VIRTUAL NUMBER DIFFERENT?
Virtual numbers are not tied to EPABX systems, SIM cards, or any network of wires. They can be hosted on a cloud platform, which routes calls between two or more parties based on pre-designed situations. In inbound calling, a customer can call the virtual phone number, including toll-free numbers, just in the same way they would call any traditional phone line. They can be automatically routed, based on certain conditions like location, time of call, etc., In case of outbound calls, your field sales agents can dial the customer, from your application, which is then placed through the virtual number.
A regular phone number is tied to a phone line provided by a local or national phone service provider. This means you need to install telephone lines throughout the building to connect each phone, which can be expensive. On the flip side, when you get a virtual phone number, it allows you to contact the phone through multiple devices as well as locations. For your convenience, there are four types of virtual numbers available: mobile number, landline number, toll-free number, and local number. Most businesses begin to use virtual numbers to make or receive calls. But they can do a lot more:
- Remote work- Recently, many enterprises are using virtual numbers to enable remote work. With this assistance, remote agents can access the business phone system in the same way they would while they are in the office.
- Lead engagement- Virtual phone numbers not only help to classify the source of leads but help to convert them in a proper call flow. You can also set up ranking and notification triggers based on the lead score to ensure faster follow up of agents.
- Track market effectiveness- It is an aid for you that you can assign a different virtual number to each advertising campaign, location and language, etc. to get a precise idea of the leads generated by each channel.
- Disputes of customers- Using a virtual phone number through a cloud platform that robotically records all incoming and outgoing calls can help in maintaining records to resolve the disputes of customers.
- Training of agents- You can make use of the virtual number-based system as a training resource too. You can use call analytics to measure and identify training openings. You can also use top performance recordings as samples during the onboarding process and to assist agents to perform better.
There is a communal fallacy that virtual phone numbers are only beneficial for large enterprises. These phone numbers can be exclusively suitable for start-ups, small businesses for on-demand scalability.< Back